The term “hardscaping” or “hardscapes” is new to the construction and building industry of the United States. In general it means any “hard” site pavements as opposed to “soft” landscaped surfaces.
Grindstone Hardscapes, Inc. specializes in the consultation, design and construction of certain hardscape systems: brick, stone and concrete interlocking unit pavers, permeable pavers, and retaining walls, and site masonry. Annually, we travel across the country to maintain our certification and education by the National Concrete Masonry Association as well as the Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute.
Grindstone Hardscapes installs a wide range of architectural and ornamental products, segmental retaining walls, water features and interlocking pavers to name a few. For years, brick, stone and concrete unit pavers have been used in many applications, from roads to backyard patios. Our pavers are the modern replacement for concrete and asphalt paving. These interlocking stones are visually pleasing, stronger and more durable than any other paving material available today. Furthermore, the multitude of shapes, patterns and colors give you the homeowner a host of design options. In addition to unit pavers and retaining walls, Grindstone Hardscapes, Inc. provides site masonry. This includes fire-pits, outdoor kitchens and different types of decorative stonework.
Other pavements cannot match the appeal and value that segmental hardscapes offer. It is difficult for any concrete or asphalt to compete with the look and feel of brick. It is impossible for any stamped concrete to match the inherent beauty of natural stone. And the good news is that if properly installed by skilled craftsmen, this beauty will last far longer than any poured-in-place surface.
- By its nature, a segmental hardscape system is the best solution to frequent freeze-thaw cycling.
- Unit pavements are the most durable pavement surface. For example, a concrete paver has three times the pounds-per-square-inch (PSI) compressive strength than poured-in-place concrete. This allows for pavers to be driven across without any difficulty.
- The re-sale return of a segmental pavement is one of the highest in the real estate industry. Additionally, unit pavers offer that certain “curb appeal” that immediately attracts any potential buyer.
- They are virtually maintenance-free.
- Segmental pavements are quickly set, allowing for immediate pedestrian and vehicular access. There is no need for concrete to cure or asphalt to harden.
- Unit pavers can be removed and reset for any need, such as underground utility work.
Several of Grindstone Hardscapes projects are featured in the 2015 and 2016 Belgard idea catalog. Check our their website for more ideas on creating your dream outdoor living space.
- NCMA & ICPI Certified installers
- 17 Years in the Industry
- 3D design available
- Free Consultations
- Financing Available 365 Days Same As Cash
- Residential, Commercial and Public
- Horticultural graduates
- Fully Licensed and Insured
- On-Staff Designers
- Full Time Office/Showroom Staff